Lodown DTP issue

.

Here’s a sneak peek into my favourite new find among the magazines – Lodown, a Berlin-based magazine which uses the outdated publishing techniques to create the most up-to-date issue dedicated to people behind the stunning visuals. Every page is a catalogue of yet another artist’s work, presented in a continuous flow of images. Some projects are created exclusively for the magazine, other document an installation, a happening, an exhibition or simply show a set of paintings and drawings. I’m amazed at the tactile quality of each image as it almost feels 3dimentional – you see the edge of paper, something vague at the background, and the glow-letters as titles. For once I feel that he layout is not the statically put text on a flat page, but an interaction between the most extraordinary and unexpected elements floating over the page in a constant state of flux.
I got my copy some weeks ago in Amsterdam, but since a short while it is available at Mapp., which is very exciting news, of course. I already can’t wait for the next publication.















0 comments:

Post a Comment